As per Government instruction, social gatherings of more than 6 people are now prohibited, except in certain circumstances. 3rd Space is still able to offer gaming within the new measures which state: “COVID-19 Secure venues, such as places of worship, restaurants and hospitality venues, can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to 6 must not mix or form larger groups”,so we are still able to welcome customers safely in store to use our table space but we cannot allow groups of more than 6 people to attend for this purpose.
In most cases this is straightforward, a typical wargame is played between two people, for example. We will also limit the size of RPG groups we are able to seat around the same table to 6.
Any other event where more than 6 people will be attending, will be broken down into “groups” of no more than 6 attendees. These groups will abide by the following rules:
- The groups will be situated, where possible, as far away from each other as we can. Note – this may be adjacent in reality, with a 2m minimum gap but if we can put you at opposite ends of the room, we will.
- SOCIAL CONTACT BETWEEN THESE GROUPS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you've been assigned to group “A”, you may not approach anybody from group “B”. This restriction is referenced in section 2.11 of the Government's Q&A - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do?fbclid=IwAR0RMqvRBU4UWve9dO7iB4zSj78wuBEK-MqfWtbZx9zcTaS-ZHPPSaRfO6Q
- We will absolutely not tolerate anyone “accidentally forgetting” this rule. We cannot stress enough that we are unwilling to be observers to an individual breaking the law. We understand you will be used to wandering over and socialising, but you are only permitted to socialise with players in your own group.
- These groups continue outside the entrance of the store. Please do not stand outside the store in mixed groups.
- At all times, even within these groups you must observe social distancing. This means minimum 1m apart (ideally 2m) with masks.
- No mask, no play. We need to protect everyone the best we can and that means everyone in the store must be wearing a mask. If you don't have one Kathryn makes them and you can order on the website. If you are exempt please speak to us before booking.
- Straight to the table. To ensure players don't mingle you will be directed to a table and this table is where you must stay unless going to the toilet. Please do not wander between gaming tables.
- Hand sanitiser. There will be sanitiser available on every table. Please use it when entering the store and before and after handling things.
- Drinks and snacks are available to purchase and consume, we will come to your table and take your order, a tab will be created which you will pay for at the end of the session (you may remove your mask to have a drink/eat but please be mindful of those around you, the spread of virus and also put your mask back on asap).
- Toilet. The toilet will also be available but please put the lid down when flushing and, of course, wash your hands.